- Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
- Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
- Who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases.
- Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth the with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
- Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Bless -c) “barak” – to kneel, to bless God (as an act of adoration), praise, salute, thank.
We have the Lord’s perfect blessings as we come and bless Him with all we are. We are not to forget all of His benefits. What are they?
- He forgives all our sins.
- He heals our diseases.
- He redeems us from the pits of hell.
- He crowns (beautifies, dignifies) us with His lovingkindness and tender mercies.
- He satisfies us with good so that we have new strength as the eagle.
We may have all these blessings in our life if we believe. Any time we are in store for so much from heaven, Satan will do whatever he can to distract us and steal our victory. He will use lies. Here is a partial list:
- He reminds us of our sins, past and present.
2. He reminds you of all your aches and sicknesses, causing worry and fear.
3. He tells you how you can do nothing right and will always fail so why try?
4. No one will ever really love and respect you.
5. Your life is just too hard. You need a break.
6. You are just not strong enough.
7. No one will help you. You will always be the tail and not the head.
8. Your problems are too difficult and will never get any better.
We must put more faith in what the Lord says than in what Satan says. In verse 18, He has made a covenant with those who keep His commandments. A covenant is an agreement between 2 or more parties to keep or keep from doing a specific thing. If we keep our part which is His commandments, we can count on Him to keep His part, which is all His blessings.
We do not have to be plagued with the lies of the enemy if we believe what the Lord says. If we believe only one of Satan’s lies, that is enough to steal our joy. I know if I am sad something is not right, and I begin to ask the Lord why. He always helps me and leads me back to faith and joy.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose. KJV
If you belong to God, then this promise belongs to you. This covers all of our cares. If we believe He has a good plan for our lives, then we will let go of the lies of the enemy. We can expect that good will be the end result of any trial that we face. But we must put our faith in God’s Word. That is when we get sick or sad. We believe the symptoms more than we believe that we have already been healed. 1 Peter 2:24
This is the answer to fear. If He causes all things to work for our good, then what reason do we have to fear? He cannot lie. His promise is sure.