6. Wilt Thou not revive us again: that Thy people may rejoice in Thee?
7. Show us Thy mercy, O Lord and grant us Thy Salvation.
8. I will hear what the God the Lord will speak; for He will speak peace unto His people, and to His saints: but let them not turn again to folly. KJV
Folly -c) silliness, confidence.
Peace -c) safe, rest, favor, well, quietness, happy, health, prosperity, welfare.
We need God’s mercy every day. It would be so great if we were perfect and never failed. This Word is saying because of our sin nature, we are in great need of His mercy and His peace.
We must remind ourself the way to peace:
6. Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition (definite requests) with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God.
7. And God’s peace be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
This scripture is saying that we must pray about all things. If we bring them to the Lord, we are to leave them there. If we leave our prayer time and still worry about what we have prayed, then we did not leave them with the Lord. We have not exercised faith. We must leave with His peace.
This is saying that His peace will come upon us and be a guard and protector of our mind and our heart. If we are still worrying, we must go back and tell the Lord about it. He knows we need His help and is always there to help us through every failure.
He sometimes will show me that I am focused on the circumstance. So, I must change my focus to His Mighty Power. He will show us the way if we continue to ask. Sometimes I think He is testing us to see if we are determined or if we will easily give up.
One definition of peace is happy. If we are sad, that is showing us that we have lost our peace. He wants us to be happy. Sometimes we allow sadness to rule our day. This should not be. This is giving Satan an entrance into our minds where he can inject his lies.
God’s peace will protect our minds from Satan. We must pay attention to our spirit and fight this battle with His wonderful gifts of His Mercy and Peace.
Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.