26. There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in His excellency on the sky.
27. The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say Destroy them,.
28. Israel then shall dwell in safety alone; the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also, His heavens shall drop down dew. KJV.
This is Moses blessing Israel before his death. The Lord has chosen this tiny country out of all the countries of the earth to draw them near to Himself. How does He help them? Here is a list.
- He rides upon the heavens to help them
- He is their refuge
- He places His everlasting arms underneath them
- He thrusts out the enemy before them
- Israel shall dwell in safety alone.
- Fountain of Jacob upon the land of corn and wine
- The heavens drop down dew.
He will cast out their enemies and place His everlasting arms underneath them. He is their joy and Almighty Helper. Israel is our example.
That means He is all those wonderful things to us. We would be so foolish not to lean on the Lord for all our help. Who else can destroy all of our enemies? Who else can surround us with the safety of His everlasting arms? And yet we have a much greater promise of blessing than they had.
We have not only the promise of His blessing around us but inside of us.
Ephesians 3:16 May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality. Amp.
He was not content to be around His people. Jesus died so He could dwell inside of us and change us to be like Him. He blessed us with such great possibilities. All it takes on our part is faith, and we are blessed with His strength and love.
And that strength and love is really all that we need for this life to be safe and happy. He gives us so much of it to fill us up completely. What more do we need?