- Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Amp.
The scripture is saying the virgins knew the bridegroom was coming enough that they got their lamps ready. Why weren’t the 5 foolish virgins ready? They did not know what was expected of them. Of course, this is the Church. So, it must mean they did not hear how to prepare. All ten had lamps with oil. All ten made their lamps ready. All ten heard the shout. All ten went out to meet Him.
But instead of the foolish virgins buying extra oil, they asked the wise virgins for theirs. They were foolish because they were not prepared. They did not plan ahead and do the most important thing. They did not consider it important enough to do.
Why weren’t they told to prepare? Why weren’t they told how to prepare? Why weren’t they given an extra amount of oil and told of the importance of it. Were they told of the importance of the secret place and getting to know the bridegroom now? Did the shepherds prepare all the sheep even the foolish ones?
- Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture, saith the Lord!
- Therefore, thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed My people; Ye have scattered my flock and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
- And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries whither I have driven them and will bring them again to their fold; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
- And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.
Sheep are known to be not so smart. The shepherds have to protect them many times with their life. That is not what you see in the churches of today. Most are hirelings and do not care for the sheep as Christ loves the church.
The foolish virgins of today need to be told to always have extra oil in their hearts. They need to know how to be acquainted with the bridegroom now before He comes. They need to know how to get ready for the most important day of their existence. Where are the shepherds the Lord is seeking?
Excellent Teaching!! My church has lost it’s lease because our building is being sold, and while sheep are scattering, the shepherd goes golfing 🤦🏾♀️
You will just have to move to Kentucky! I would love that! 😍😂🌈