9. When they had listened to the king they went their way, and lo, the star which had been seen in the East in its rising went before them, until it came and stood over the place where the young Child was.
10. When they saw the star, they were thrilled with ecstatic joy.
11. And going into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshipped Him. Then opening their treasure bags, they presented to Him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh. Amp.
When Jesus was born, He was given gifts. In Isaiah 60 it is recorded how His people are given gifts from the nations. They are given to Jesus as at first.
5. Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall thrill and tremble with joy (at the glorious deliverance), and be enlarges; because the abundant wealth of the Sea shall be turned to you; unto you shall the nations come with their treasures.
6. A multitude of camels from the eastern trading tribes shall cover you Jerusalem, the young camels of Midian and Ephah: all the men of Sheba shall come bringing gold and frankincense and proclaiming the praises of the Lord.
7. …My house I will glorify.
9. …He has beautified and glorified you.
11. And your gates shall be open continually, they shall not be shut day or night, that men may bring to you the wealth of the nations…
13. …and I will make the place of My feet glorious.
We see in all of these scriptures that men are bringing their gifts and treasures to God’s house which is His people. And they come to worship Him just like they did Baby Jesus.
24. The nations shall walk by its light and the rulers and leaders of the earth shall bring into it their glory.
This is the future of the house of the Lord, the New Jerusalem, the Beloved City.
I love the inclusion of all nations.
It is amazing. Not sure of the depth of the meaning.
“…because the abundant wealth of the Sea shall be turned to you; unto you shall the nations come with their treasures…”
The “Sea” is a symbol of the people of the world. All nations are included.
Isaiah prophesied of a future time yet for us, where New Jerusalem will be the destination of the travelers who come to Worship God, and they will bring their wealth.
Isaiah speaks of those who fly like the clouds, this is another presentation of the church (Hebrews 12:1).
People traveling on ships from Tarshish, others coming from the east on camels, kings ministering to him, the gates being continually open.
This is New Jerusalem.
That is the way I see it too, but you made it all flow together better for me. Thanks Pedro!
LikeLiked by 1 person