2. Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.
3. And another angel came and stood over the altar. He had a golden censer, and he was given very much incense (fragrant spices and gums which exhale perfume when burned), that he might mingle it with the prayers of all the people of God (the saints) upon the altar of gold before the throne. Amp.
4. And the smoke of the incense arose in the presence of God with the prayers of the people of God (the saints) from the hand of the angel.
The angel is taking the prayers of God’s people and mixing with the incense upon the altar and then pouring it upon the earth. Then we hear thunder peals and loud rumblings, blasts and noises, lightning flashes and an earthquake.
It is as if God does not want to send His wrath. He is looking for ways to show mercy even in His wrath. He is asking for the saints to help alleviate the pain that is coming upon the earth.
This is the beginning of the 7 Trumpets which are:
- Hail, Fire and Blood
- Fire in Sea
- 1/3 Sea of Blood (Wormwood)
- 1/3 sun, stars, moon darkened
- Locusts out of bottomless pit
- 1/3 mankind killed by fire and smoke and brimstone
- Jesus Reigns – Jesus