4. Jesus answered them, “Be careful that no one misleads you – deceiving you and leading you into error.”
5. “For many will come in (on the strength of) My name – appropriating the name which belongs to Me – saying, I am the Messiah, the Christ and they will lead many astray.”
This scripture has a double meaning. There will be those who actually say that they are Jesus Christ, the Messiah and many will believe them. There are still some Jewish people in Israel who are looking for the Messiah to come the first time.
The most deceptive are the ones who preach Jesus as the Son of God and talk of His deity and then go on to an easy watered-down Gospel causing many with itchy ears to cling to an easier Christian lifestyle. I believe that is what makes up most of the large mega-churches. It Cators to those who have one hand in the world and one hand with the Lord. Suffering is not on their agenda.
31. And armed forces of his shall appear in the holy land and they shall pollute the sanctuary, the spiritual stronghold, and shall take away the continual daily burnt offering, and they shall set up in the sanctuary the abomination that astonishes and makes desolate probably an idol- altar. Amp.
This happens when the leaders are not putting the Lord first place in their lives. Their lives are not a living sacrifice, so their offering becomes strange fire and not acceptable to the Lord as Cain’s offering was not acceptable.
When other things creep into the life of a Christian, at first conviction hits, but as they resist the Holy Spirit the heart hardens, and conviction weakens. The next time conviction hits and is resisted or ignored, the heart becomes even harder until it becomes indifferent to the conviction of the Holy Spirit. This is what makes desolate and is abominable to the Lord.
If the pastors and leaders of a Church do this, it begins with them and contagiously runs through the congregation. They are putting their own interests before the Lord’s interests and that becomes idolatry, Ezekiel 44:12.
13. But when He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth– the whole full truth…
We are in need of the truth. We are so easily distracted when we first get saved. Then we believe that everyone is pure, and we can believe them all. But that is not the case. We must test the spirits and constantly pray for the Holy Spirit to guide our life and lead us into all Truth. We are living in dangerous times and must stay awake and alert.
3. O send out Your light and Your Truth; let them lead me, let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling.