7. For every kind of beasts and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. KJV
5. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts.
6. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken off the altar:
7. And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8. Also, I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. KJV
We all know that death and life are in the power of the tongue, Proverbs 18:21. Isaiah is showing us the pathway to clean lips and service to God. Isaiah was worshipping the Lord and was caught up to heaven as Paul was and as we can be also. It is in His presence that we are changed. We are cleansed from sins and healed of past hurts and sickness of any kind.
3. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
When we truly worship the Lord, He is there. And because of His presence we are changed and have access to many other wonderful things. Isaiah saw the Lord and received healing upon his tongue. He admitted he was a man of unclean lips and said woe is me for I have seen the Lord. When the Lord shows up, our sin is made clear, and we are changed. We cannot tame our tongue. The Lord knew what Isaiah needed to do His work.
34. …for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
We can try our best to say the right thing, but if we have not been in the presence of the Lord giving Him the things that need to go, we will continually say the wrong thing. Isaiah was called to preach. So, the Lord brought him before Him and revealed Himself to him. That is what changed Isaiah. Until that point, he probably was not focused on his words. The holiness of the Lord always brings the change we need.
We must spend time with the Lord talking about the things in our heart. If we pay attention to our words, we will see what is in our heart. Then we can ask Him to reveal the truth to us so we can repent and have a change of heart, so we can stop saying the wrong things. I always have something to ask Him for. I am so looking forward to the day when I say everything right. He is still not done with me!
If we sing His praises and cooperate with the Holy Spirit, we cannot go wrong. He is to be our treasure then our words will become pure words.
6. The words and promises of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times over.
In the presence of the Lord, there’s fullness of joy and at his right hand are pleasures forevermore. There is healing and transformation that takes place in the presence of God. There’s truly nothing on earth like the presence of God. 🙏🏾❤️
We are so blessed for the most gracious gift of all. 🌹🌹🌹
LikeLiked by 1 person