7. And he cried with a mighty voice, Revere God and give Him glory (honor and praise in worship), for the hour of His judgment has arrived. Fall down before Him; pay Him homage and adoration and worship Him Who created heaven and earth, the sea and the springs (fountains) of water. Amp.
Homage -d) anything given or done to show the reverence, honor, etc. in which a person is held.
Adoration -d) great love or devotion.
Truth -d) The quality or state of being true – specifically; loyalty, sincerity, honesty, conformity with fact, correctness, an established fact.
God is making His kingdom. It will be filled with worshippers. He is making worshippers. We are learning to worship in Spirit and in Truth. We are learning to fear and reverence Him and to adore Him. We are not born with this within us. He is creating a kingdom of worshippers. This is why we were created Eccl. 12:13.
23. A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these His worshippers.
24. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth.
We are taught from the beginning of our Christian walk to worship the Lord. It is one of the most pleasurable commandments we have been given, but it is still a command. This is how we learn to come into His presence and draw near to Him. We are blessed with His love and presence in such a wonderful way that will always keep us coming back for more.
This is also a protective barrier in the last days that will keep us safe and sound during God’s wrath. We must sing the words to the worship songs with truth in our hearts. He knows if we are truly sincere.
Romans 1:18 for God’s (holy) wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.
19. For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God (Himself) has shown it to them. 20. For ever since creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity have been made intelligible and clearly discernable in and through the things that have been made — His handiworks. So, men are without excuse — altogether without any justification. 21. Because when they knew and recognized Him as the God, they did not honor, and glorify Him as God, or give Him thanks…. their senseless minds were darkened.
We see here in Romans that God Has revealed Himself to all by His creation. All men have a sense of knowing the creator should be worshipped. He states His requirements of worship in verse 21.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORSHIP
- To Honor Him as God
- To Glorify Him as God
- To Give Thanks to Him as God
Romans 1 goes on to say what happens to the man who does not approve of God as worth knowing or worshipping. He turns him over to the power of his sins.
We all have been called to become His worshippers. When we give Him our love and put Him first nothing can tear you away from His secret place. You are safe from all harm. He will protect you from the flesh, the world and the devil because He comes to dwell in our hearts. He begins by visiting and it grows to living. Then He is there all the time so that we are safe and sound in His everlasting arms.
3. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable.