9. Therefore, since we are now justified–acquitted, made righteous and brought into right relationship with God — by Christ’s blood, how much more certain is it that we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God? Amp.
Justified -c) to render just or innocent, free, be righteous.
Romans 5 starts out, “Therefore, since we are justified…” The whole chapter is based upon being justified. Let us examine justification.
ROMANS 3:20, 22, 26
20. For no person will be justified – made righteous, acquitted and judged acceptable — in His sight by observing the works prescribed by the law. For the real function of the Law is to make men recognize and be conscious of sin (not mere perception, but an acquaintance with sin which works toward repentance, faith and holy character).
22. Namely, the righteousness of God which comes by believing with personal trust and confident reliance on Jesus Christ, the Messiah. And it is meant for all who believe. For there is no distinction.
26. It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time in the now season, that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has true faith in Jesus.
We must have true faith in Jesus as we trust and rely upon Him. Only then are we righteous and justified. We are then given right standing with God through faith. Our sin is wiped out and we are innocent in His sight through the blood of Jesus.
Then Romans 5:1-9 is set with steppingstones to lead us to maturity of character, God’s love and being saved from God’s wrath.
- We enjoy peace with God thru Jesus Christ
- We enter into grace – state of God’s favor
- We firmly stand – enjoying the glory of God
- We have joy in trouble – rejoice in sufferings
- Knowing that pressure produces patient endurance
- Knowing that endurance produces maturity of character or faith
- God’s love is poured in our hearts thru the Holy Spirit
This is a map of what happens when we endure the trials and afflictions the Lord brings in our life when we endure them the right way. We are blessed in a much deeper way that makes up for any suffering we have endured.
The end result will be that we are filled with God’s love, and we will be safe in the day of His wrath.
5. Offer just and right sacrifices; trust, lean on be confident in the Lord.
8. In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for you, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust. Amp.
🎵 SONG – TIMES OF REFRESHING – IN YOUR PRESENCE – SUCH JOY – MARTY NYSTROM