14. And the Lord shall be seen over them, and His arrow shall go forth as the lightning; and the Lord God will blow the trumpet and will go forth in the windstorms of the south.
15. The Lord of hosts shall defend and protect them; and they shall devour, and they shall tread on their fallen enemies as on sling stones that have missed their aim, and they shall drink of victory and be noisy and turbulent as from wine and become full like bowls (used to catch the sacrificial blood), like the corners of the (sacrificial) altar. Amp.
Recompense -d) to repay a person, reward, compensate; something given or done to make up for a loss, injury, etc.
When the Lord comes with His recompense and His vengeance, He will make it clear. He wants it to be known just what is happening and why. The Lord is a righteous judge. He knows what needs to be done and will do it quickly.
Many have been oppressed by their bosses in their wages and treatment. Many have been abused by someone physically stronger. Many have dealt with slander and insults more than others. Satan has robbed many because of their position in Christ. Many have lost family members, reputations and property while waiting on the Lord. Many have been persecuted in unbelieving Nations, having lost finances, property, loved ones and their lives for the sake of Christ.
He knows all and is coming back to change it all. The scripture is saying that He will be seen over them. We are not told just how He will do this. But all will know that this is from Him. He will use His ability and power to decide what is right. His reward will be done quickly and fairly.
14. The great day of the Lord is near and hastening fast. Hark! The voice of the day of the Lord! The mighty man (unable to fight or to flee) will cry then bitterly.
15. That day is a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of ruin and devastation, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness.
16. A day of the blast of trumpet and battle cry against fortified cities and against the high towers and battlements. Amp.
The scripture in Zechariah 9:14 says, “the Lord God will blow the trumpet.” 1Thess.4:16 says, “with the blast of the trumpet of God.” This does not sound like the 7 trumpets that are sounded by the angels in Revelation 8, 9 and 11. This sounds like a warning that the Lord is sending forth from Him alone.
When he brings His recompense and judgement all will know. He will be seen, and His trumpet will be heard. He will make a quick work of it. No time to repent. Now is the time to prepare for this great thing He has prepared for His persecuted Bride.
12. For I will leave in the midst of you a people afflicted and poor and they shall trust, seek refuge and be confident in the name of the Lord.