19. The sun shall be no more your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; the Lord shall be to you an everlasting light, and your God your Glory and your beauty.
20. Your sun shall no more go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord shall be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended. Amp.
Light -c) illumination, happiness, bright, clear, morning, sun.
Illuminous -d) to give light, to make clear, explain, to inform, enlighten.
Glory -c) splendor or copiousness.
Copiousness -d) abundance.
Splendor -d) magnificent richness, great luster, brilliance.
We all love sunny days and bright nights lit up with the moon and stars. No one likes cloudy or gloomy days. When the sun comes out all the earth is beautiful. All is dull and dreary when clouds hang around for too long.
The Lord is telling us that in the end we will not need the sun or moon anymore. He will take their place. There will be no night because of Him. His light will never go out, so we will never have any more cloudy or gloomy days.
He will not be just a light for the outside. He will be our light for our inside. When He lights up our heart, there is no sadness or pain. There is no sickness or sin. There is no more death or sorrow. So, He can say our mourning shall be ended. He will be our everlasting joy.
23. And the city has no need of the sun nor of the moon to give light to it, for the splendor and radiance (glory) of God illuminate it, and the Lamb is its lamp.
The Lord will be illuminous to us. This means that He will teach us His ways and explain mysteries that we can only imagine. He will enlighten everything. Knowledge of Him will be made available and will grow and grow. We will spend eternity getting to know Him as He slowly reveals His beauty and wonders to His own.
14. But the time is coming when the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. Amp.
Glory means splendor or copiousness, which also means magnificent richness and abundance. We can only imagine how awesome being exposed to His glory and light will be. How can He love us so much that He would share His greatness in such a vast way.
His Light will be heaven to us. He is above all we can ever ask or think. He is the true riches that will be our reward. And He will give Himself to us not in a small way but as the waters cover the sea.
What a Mighty God we serve!
2. You are fairer than the children of men; graciousness is poured upon Your lips; therefore, God has blessed You forever.
3. Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One, in Your glory and Majesty!
4. And in Your Majesty ride on triumphantly for the cause of truth, humility and righteousness; and let Your right hand guide you to tremendous things.
Great word and I believe we are living in season where The Lord will be illuminous to us according to
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have written about this before. But each time it changes and is something new. He is just starting to reveal Himself more and more. I know He has a lot for you.