4. All the host of the heavens shall be dissolved and crumble away, and the skies shall be rolled together as a scroll; and all their host (the stars and the planets) shall drop like a faded leaf from the vine, and as a withered fig falls from the fig tree. Amp.
This verse goes right along with Revelation 6:12-14. The Lord will create a new heaven and earth as He does away with the old. This is happening while man is still living upon the earth. It is meant to wake them up and say, “Time to repent and face your God.”
14. And the sky rolled up like a scroll and vanished, and every mountain and island was dislodged from its place. Amp.
Everything in the heavens dissolves probably because of the heat. We have so many prophecies about fire in the sky in the end. The sky will vanish. I believe this means the covering between heaven and earth is removed. Now we can see the Face of God. He is watching and all who do not know Him will run away because of their sin. They cannot bear to be in His presence. But those who know Him will be triumphantly joyfully ecstatic.
20. But, He said, you cannot see My face, for no man shall see Me and live. Amp.
Jesus is the only one who can stand with us, so we are safe in His presence. Jesus is the only way to the Father. All others will be running away on that day. Along with His Face comes His wrath and who shall be able to stand?
The Greek word for stand means to abide, establish, covenant and appoint. Jesus is the New Covenant. Without Him we are lost. We must learn to abide in Him. Living closely to Him allowing Him to establish us making us stable and secure in Him. He must appoint us to this place, or we are lost.
Jesus must be our first love as we get to know, love and serve Him more every day. We must face the fact that we are nothing without Him and cannot stand. But with Him we can rest and be at peace knowing He never fails and will supply our every need spiritually and physically.
He must be our refuge as we place our trust in Him while the world around us begins to crumble. We must be ready to see all that is coming.
3. Fire goes before Him and burns up His adversaries round about.
4. His lightnings illumine the world; the earth sees and trembles.
5. The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.