3. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. KJV.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
The scripture is saying that these who are worshipping had to learn the song that they sing. Many sing songs that are in the world. This is not the song the Lord is seeking. When we come to worship the Lord, He is listening to the song that comes from our heart.
We must learn to sing and worship in spirit and not in the flesh. We must have the truth in our hearts. We must be sincere about what we sing and mean the words we are singing.
16. May He grant you out of the rich treasury of his glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit Himself – indwelling your inmost being and personality. Amp.
To worship in Spirit, we must be filled with the Spirit. To be filled we must be emptied of self. How do we do that? We must come to Him continuously asking for help with more of the Holy Spirit to fill us in every need we have. The Holy Spirit is the answer to every problem. But we must see our need and seek the needed help.
4. So that the righteous and just requirement of the Law might be fully met in us, who live and move not in the ways of the flesh but in the ways of the Spirit — our lives governed not by the standards and according to the dictates of the flesh but controlled by the Holy Spirit. Amp.
We must learn to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and not the flesh. This is part of learning the new song. The new song comes from a new heart that is changed and is so very thankful because of this change. It feels the love of God in the heart that has never been felt before. The heart is filling up with the Holy Spirit and the presence of God which is so wonderful. The heart follows the love into obedience.
19. That you may really come to know practically, through experience for yourselves — the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience; that you may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself. Amp.
In order to sing the new song, the Lord wants us to sing we must be flooded with His love and filled with Him. And this is His will for all of us. We must learn His love. What a wonderful thing to learn.
The key to receiving is always in asking. If we come to Him and keep on asking, we will receive. We must be determined and not give up. Satan will do what he can to discourage us. But we know that it is God’s will to fill us with his love and Spirit. So, therefore there is no real reason why we cannot have it.
5. No lie was found to be upon their lips, for they are blameless — spotless, untainted, without blemish – before the throne of God. Amp.
The end result will be blameless before the throne of God. That is our goal!
Oooh yes what we need is this truth during our worship to Him, that We must have the truth in our hearts.
And we should mean our words.
LikeLiked by 1 person
He talks about the judgment on False worshippers. And there are many out there. We must speak and think truth in our hearts to dwell with Him. Psalm 15:2 I love Psalm 15.