2. In that day the Branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be excellent and lovely to those who have escaped.
3. And he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy, everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem and for eternal life,
4. After the Lord has washed away the moral filth of the daughters of Zion (pride, vanity, haughtiness), and shall have purged the blood stains of Jerusalem from the midst of it by the spirit and blast of burning and sifting. Amp.
Branch -c) a sprout; bear, bring forth.
The Branch of the Lord is referring to Jesus when He comes back. He is coming back bearing the fruit of His suffering. His reign upon the earth will be beautiful and glorious. It will be like nothing ever before. What a beautiful place to live. This scripture is speaking of the last days that will prepare His people for that day.
We want to have His refining in our life, or we are like uncared for children. Sifting is known as shaking back and forth to get all the bad stuff out. The Lord takes our life and shakes things up and we wonder why. There is no blessing upon our life if we see no affliction. He will always lead us to a larger place if we receive it in the right way.
We must be like Joshua and Caleb and know He delights to give us the promise land. If we just murmur and complain that it is too hard and we would have been better off back in Egypt (or the world), then we will lose the blessing. But if we endure the fire and come out stronger what will be our blessing?
5. And the Lord will create over the whole site, over every dwelling place of Mount Zion and over her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for over all the glory shall be a canopy — a defense (of divine love and protection).
6. And there shall be a pavilion for a shade in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain. Amp.
This is our protection in the hard times and the coming wrath of God. He is creating His protection of divine love over us and those we pray for, (assemblies meaning Churches). He is making a way for us just as He promised. But we must endure the refining process. We must not try to abort any suffering but wait for the Lord to end it His way. That means we must take our hands off and not force our own way.
Hosea 14:5 I will be as the dew and the night mist to Israel; he shall grow and blossom as the lily and cast forth his roots as the sturdy evergreens of Lebanon. Amp.