13. You shall tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and the serpent shall you trample under foot.
14. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name (has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness; trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no never).
15. He shall call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation. Amp.
Name -c) character.
When the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us and we are seated with Him in the heavenly sphere, we have authority over the evil powers in this world. We become known in Satan’s kingdom.
Acts 19:15 But one evil spirit retorted, Jesus I know, and Paul I know about but who are you?
We must bind the evil spirits in our life. It is a learning process that we must grow in holiness and power to defeat the enemy. It is always by faith and faith comes from trials. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. We need to have this power like Paul and Jesus to be the overcomers He wants us to be. We are simply no match for the devil on our own strength. We must have the Holy Spirit to fight the devil. We must put on God’s armor every day, (Eph.6).
The Lord will bless us when we set our love upon Him. He must have first place in our life. Then He will draw us near in such a wonderful way that we come to know Him. He wants to reveal His love and mercy to each of us in a personal way.
His ways are the language of love. His mercy is placed in our life specially so that we can know how He feels about us personally. He knows all about us and our every need. He cares about every one of them. And He has all of eternity to teach us about Himself.
He says in verse 14, “because he knows My name,” meaning character. He wants us to know how He reacts to our hurts and our loves. He will bless us when we learn the wonderful lesson of just Who He is. Then we will have perfect faith because He is so perfect, and we know He will never let us go!
The end of the Psalm is because we have gotten to know His true character that when we call upon Him, He will answer always delivering us from any trouble and honoring us. This is truly the best promise in the Word of God.
We are taught here the importance of giving Him the best part of our lives. If we just want a ticket to heaven, we probably will not make it. He wants to be with us and know us. He wants us to be blessed with a closeness to Him that supersedes everything else in this life.
So many just put in their time of prayer and reading and Church, and then go their own way missing Him. The whole purpose for man’s creation is to be like Him and to worship Him, Eccles. 12:13. How do we worship, love and adore someone we do not know?
We must spend time communing with Him, which means to converse intimately. He is there waiting for each of us. He wants to speak to each of us. The media truly gets in the way. We must give up all worldly distractions and allow Him into our hearts and minds.
We must spend time alone seeking to hear His voice regularly and never give up until we are hearing Him speak. We must ask the way and He will show us and soon He will speak with a gentleness that fills us will so much love that we are never the same. That is His will for each of us. We simply must be determined to have what He wants us to have.
Song of Solomon 8:13-14
13. O you who dwell in the gardens, your companions have been listening to your voice, now cause me to hear it.
14. Joyfully the radiant bride turned to Him, the One Altogether Lovely, the Chief among ten thousand to her soul, and with unconcealed eagerness to begin her life of sweet companionship with Him, she answered, make haste, My Beloved, and come quickly, like a gazelle or a young hart and take me to our waiting home upon the mountain of spices! Amp.
As the bride communes with her bridegroom 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
Amen Tam! 🙏
LikeLiked by 1 person