- The Lord answer you in the day of trouble! The name of the God of Jacob set you on high (and defend you):
- Send you help from the sanctuary, and support, refresh and strengthen you from Zion;
- Remember all your offerings, and accept your burnt sacrifice; Selah.
- Grant you according to your heart’s desire, and fulfill all your plans.
- We will shout in triumph at Your salvation and victory, and in the name 0f our God we will set up our banners; the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
- Now I know the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy Heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.
- Some trust in and boast of chariots, and some in horses; but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God.
- They are bowed down and fallen; but we are risen and we stand upright.
- O Lord give victory; let the King answer when we call. Amp.
Psalm 20 has almost everything we need. This is a victory Psalm and a reason to jump and shout His praise! He has all of our prayers in His remembrance. He remembers all of our denials and sacrifices. They are numbered and in His bottle with the tears we have shed.
He grants us according to our heart’s desire. He loves to bless us. If He always gave us things we did not like, how would that be a blessing? He sees our plans. He takes them and softens them and smooths the edges so that they fit into His desires for us. Then He gives them back to us in perfection.
We cannot help but praise and shout to the Lord for all He is doing for us. What is our banner but how we carry ourselves? Do we hang our head and say this Word is just not for Me? There is too much failure in me. Or do we stand upright and say thank you Lord for all you have done and are doing for me? Great is Your Mighty Name!
As we put all of our trust in His promise to us, we can expect Him to answer when we call. We must not look around at the circumstances in front of us but stay focused on what He says to us. We can boast in His Mighty Name, Name meaning His character. We can boast on His goodness, His faithfulness, His honesty which cannot lie, His Mighty Power and protection in our time of need. Our chains fall off.
He will answer when we call and we will receive the victory as we give Him all the credit, He deserves for Who He is. That is the reason for all of our trials, to learn Who He is and His nature toward His children. Then when He returns, we will stand before Him in His power and not our own.