- The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose and the autumn crocus.
- It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice even with joy and singing; the glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the excellency of Mount Carmel and the plain of Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the majesty and splendor and excellency of our God. Amp.
Abundance -d) great, plenty, more than enough; wealth.
Blossom -d) to begin to thrive or flourish.
Joy -d) a very glad feeling; happiness; delight.
Glory -c) splendor or copiousness (abundance).
This is the last days because the Glory of the Lord is being revealed. This happens as the end gets closer and His presence gets stronger until He comes back. The wilderness is the place of trials and refining. The woman in Rev. 12:14 must take up the two wings of an eagle to fly up into the heavenlies where she is safe from the serpent or dragon.
Now she is blossoming abundantly and full of joy as she is enjoying the revealed glory of the Lord. This I believe is to be the beginning of the last days harvest. The Church will be blessed with God’s presence as never before and will see many manifestations of the Holy Spirit.
One of these manifestations will be with singing and rejoicing. The deaf will hear, the blind will see, the lame will walk, tongue of the dumb shall sing, and many miracles will abound, for waters shall break forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert (verse 6).
This means the dry places will become filled with the Holy Spirit. New life will spring up in God’s Church where many have been praying for revival and for God’s Spirit to come. He will hear their cry and answer in a mighty way. Pools of water will abound where there has been drought. Many springs will be in the thirsty ground. He is coming to the thirsty.
The word “praise” is in the book of Psalms 160 times (Amp). The word “sing” is in the book of Psalms 68 times (Amp.) The Lord is repeating to us over and over that praise and singing are pleasing to Him and vital to a healthy soul. Praise is a weapon against the enemy. We will have an abundance of His presence that will fill our lives with abundant Praise and Worship.
- Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and His praise in the congregation of saints.
- Let Israel rejoice in Him that made him; let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
- Let them praise His name in the dance; let them sing praises unto Him with the timbrel and harp. KJV