4. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5. But the rest of the dead lived not until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. KJV.
Who will rule and reign with Christ for 1000 years?
- Those who were beheaded for their witness of Jesus.
- Those who were beheaded for their witness for the Word of God.
- Those who had not worshipped the beast.
- Those who had not worshipped the beast’s image.
- Those who had not received his mark upon their hands or foreheads.
We must be good witnesses during these last days and not be afraid to let it be known who it is that we serve. When some in other countries have been faced with a mighty sword over their head if they did not reject Jesus, they were beheaded for their loyalty to Christ and the Word of God. They will have a throne.
Worshipping has a lot to do with paying homage. Who do we serve? Whose will do we obey? Whom do we love? We must learn to submit ourselves to the Lord and obey Him alone. If we allow someone else in our life to lead us astray doing things contrary to the Word of God, then we are in danger of worshipping the beast. The Anti-Christ spirit can take advantage of disobedient Christians and get a deep hold on them.
I believe worshipping his image has to do with television and the media. The world is attached to a screen of some sort that controls their life. They consult their phone for answers to their problems instead of the Lord. We are to trust in, adhere to and rely on the Lord and not the internet or the media for our help. He must be our refuge and strength.
I do not believe the mark of the beast is a chip for us to receive money or provisions. It can still happen in our society. But in the scripture, I believe it has to do with Satan copying God’s mark in Rev. 14:1. This mark has to do with what we think in our mind and what we do with our hands. If we have a renewed mind of Christ, we will do His works and not works of the flesh.
If we keep doing someone else’s will, we will end up with a badge of servitude meaning idolatry. We must serve the Lord, or we will not rule and reign with the Lord for 1000 years.
I believe these are raptured before the destruction of the earth. They are brought to the New Jerusalem and the new earth. They will rule over the sheep that made it in Matthew 25. But the remainder of the dead are not resurrected until the end at the final judgment. All Christians will not rule and reign with Christ. I believe this to be His bride and together they will enjoy a 1000-year honeymoon getting to know each other in marriage.
Isaiah 62:11 Behold, the Lord has proclaimed to the end of the earth, Say to the daughter of Zion, Behold your salvation comes in the person of the Lord; behold His reward is with Him and His work and recompense before Him.