REVELATION 12:6, 14
6. And the woman (herself) fled into the desert (wilderness), where she has a retreat prepared for her by God, in which she is to be and kept safe for one thousand two hundred and sixty days (forty-two months; three and one-half years).
14. But the woman was supplied with the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly from the presence of the serpent into the desert (wilderness, to the retreat) where she is to be kept safe and fed for a time, and times, and half a time (three and one-half years, or twelve hundred sixty days). Amp.
Woman -c) wife.
This is in Chapter 12 twice. The woman in verse 6 has fled into the wilderness. The woman in verse 14 was supplied with the two wings of a great eagle so that she might fly into the wilderness.
The woman represents the bride. She has been with Jesus and now is without Him. He was crucified and rose from the dead and ascended into heaven as it says in verse 5. Now she is on this earth and is not supplied with the two wings as yet, so she flees on foot. Why is this?
The two wings of the eagle represent the Holy Spirit. That has not been poured out yet. It comes on Pentecost. This is showing us the power that we can receive if we really want to be protected from the devil or dragon who is after the woman.
Acts 2: 1-4
- And when the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place,
- When suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting.
- And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were separated and distributed and that settled on each one of them.
- And they were all filled — diffused throughout their souls with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression. Amp.
The Holy Spirit came upon them in the upper room where they had been in prayer and in worship and in one accord. They were in total unity and agreement. How hard is it for a group of Christians to be in total agreement and in unity with each other?
The woman is putting on the wings of the Holy Spirit during the final last days. She is flying to the wilderness or solitary place to be kept safe while the wrath of God is poured out upon the wicked. She needs more of the power of the Holy Spirit because she is alone. There is great power in unity. But there is so much disunity in the Body of Christ. That makes it less safe and more prone to sin.
The Lord gives us the option to put on the wings or not. He never forces His way. It is our choice. We must choose whom we will serve.
I have chosen to put on the wings. Thank You Lord! Thanks Wenda🤗
LikeLiked by 1 person