- Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth; and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
- And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
- And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
- And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. KJV.
Green -c) Verdant
Verdant -d) covered with green vegetation.
Flourish -d) to grow vigorously, succeed, prosper.
This is the beginning of the 7 Trumpets. We are not given a timeline for the 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets or the 7 Vials. They seem to be one after another because of the 7th Seal and then the 7 Trumpets show up. But there is no evidence of this in the scripture to back this up.
Isaiah 60:1-2 Arise, shine for thy Light is come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon thee.
2. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee.
We have seen enough scripture that shows the darkness covering the earth. How do we protect ourselves from the darkness?
In verse 4 we are shown the protection of being green. What does green signify? When we are green we are spiritually healthy. We are compared to trees many times in the scriptures. We are to be a healthy tree with healthy roots that grow in the dark where only God can see. We must allow Him to be our Husbandman and prune and cultivate us as needed. And that means trials and afflictions. Faith always grows in the trials we are sent.
Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when the heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. KJV.
The key to being green is trusting the Lord. He must be our everything. He will then supply our every need as being by the springs of Living Water that will keep us through the hardest of times. We will then be His Light in the darkness.
Psalm 92:13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
Flourish means we will grow vigorously and prosper. We must take a look at our life and make sure we are flourishing. It is His perfect will for us all to flourish. Then there is no reason why we cannot succeed!