- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. KJV.
Dwelleth -c) to remain, to settle, to marry, endure, establish, make to inhabit.
Secret – c) to hide by covering, disguise, hiding place, protection.
Psalm 91 has so many promises of protection that line up with all the plagues and calamities that will arise during the the Day of the Lord. We want His protection always. This is a promise for those who dwell in His secret place.
We must come into the Presence of the Lord during our times of prayer and worship secretly then we will be rewarded openly. Is that the secret place of our protection? Is that all we need or is there more to it than that?
- If then you have been raised with Christ (to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead), aim at and seek the rich, eternal treasures) that are above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.
- And set your minds and keep them set on what is above — the higher things — not on the things that are on the earth.
- For (as far as this world is concerned) you have died, and your new life is hid with Christ in God. Amp.
The scriptures in Colossians are explaining what it means to be “In Christ.” If we have died to this world we are hid in Christ in God. We must share in His resurrection and seek eternal treasures. We must set our minds on things above and not on the earthly things. How can it be okay to set in front of the TV and give your mind over to it. If you are watching something you have not seen before, how can you know what is going to come into your mind?
You are giving Satan power to enter your mind. And be sure he will jump in with all he has to place strongholds there that you are not aware of. We are not supposed to take a break and let him in. But that is what most in the Church are doing and then wonder why they do not have close fellowship with Jesus.
We must die to the things and entertainment of this world so we can enjoy a new life which is hid with Christ in God. I believe this is the secret place of the Most High. It will be secret until He returns and reveals who are His, Mal. 3:18.
14. Because He has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My name. 15. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. KJV
When we as Christians are faced with this world something inside of us should react with a hatred of evil. We should not be comfortable in a setting of watching sinful people act out scenes of any kind. The love of Jesus should overwhelm us, and the Holy Spirit inside would let you know this is not where you should be. If there are idols in front of Jesus, then you will be comfortable. But this is not His secret place, and you are not safe.