1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-17
16. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so, shall we ever be with the Lord.
Shout -c) a cry of incitement, order, command.
Trump -c) quavering
Definitions from Joshua 6:5
Shout -c) blow an alarm for joy or alarm, to split the ears, make a joyful noise, triumph.
Sound -c) (from Joel 2:1) Same as Shout in Joshua 6:5
There are similarities in Joshua 6 and 1 Thess. 4:16-17. This noise is one of warning. The Lord is saying, “I Am coming for you.” Voice, Noise, and Sound are from the same Hebrew word “gowl.” So, they are tied together as a puzzle taking a picture of His coming.
- To call aloud or thunder:
- The same voice called Adam.
- The same voice is calling the Army of God.
- The noise of the Army in heaven coming. Is. 13:4-5.
- The sinners fleeing the noise of judgment. Is. 24:18.
- The noise of judgment in Joel 2:5.
- The sound of the trumpet before the walls of Jericho fell.
Shout and sound are from the same Hebrew word “ruwa” in Joshua 6:5 and Joel 2:1: the people shout and blow a trumpet in Zion meaning alarm or joy. Jesus’ returning is reason for alarm and joy. Walls of Jericho fell, and they took the city. The walls of Babylon will fall, and the Army of God will take the city.
Shout in 1Thess. 4:16 when the Lord shall descend from heaven with a shout is a command or cry of incitement meaning urge to action. He is commanding the dead in Christ (in heaven) to arise and take the city (Army in Joel 2). Matt. 25, He is making an outcry to His bride saying, “Come.”
This is all leading up to the noise in 11 Peter 3:10, “The heavens shall pass away with a great noise – meaning crash.”
Great message and this message is very prophetic.
You are actually sounding the trumpet to warn the people as a watchman and I believe God is saying this to you;
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.’
I wrote this a long time ago and did not think it was very important. Now I do! He confirmed this to me through a song. Cheryl and I have been listening to a Phil song that the words were almost impossible to figure out. But He gave them to her yesterday. The one part I did not get was, “Walls are coming down!” I have been laughing and so happy all day. He is so good. He always let my posts go with my life. I really believe He is saying “It is time!” And I wanted to tell you this so much! Thank You Jesus!