5. The land and the earth also are defiled under their inhabitants; because they have transgressed the laws, disregarded the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.
6. Therefore the curse has devoured the land and the earth, and they who dwell in it suffer the punishment of its guilt; therefore, the inhabitants of the land and the earth are scorched and parched (under the curse of God’s wrath), and few people are left.
Homage -d) anything given or done to show reverence, honor, etc.
Deuteronomy 28: 1
l. If you will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
The Israelites failed to listen to the voice of the Lord and keep His commandments. Now in Isaiah 24, Isaiah is seeing the end and man has failed again to keep God’s commandments. What is the main commandment? He has broken the everlasting covenant. His wrath has come and turned everything upside down making it a waste.
Jesus is the everlasting covenant that God has made with mankind by the cross. Only a few remain who will lift their voices and shout for the majesty of the Lord!
10. The waste city of emptiness and confusion is broken down;
This city of confusion is Babylon. Babylon has fallen and many are caught in the midst of her judgment.
Revelation 14:8 Then another angel, a second, followed, declaring, Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She who made all nations drink of the maddening wine of her passionate unchastity (idolatry).
9. Then another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a mighty voice, whoever pays homage to the beast and his statue and permits the beast’s mark, inscription to be put on his forehead or on his hand,
10. He too shall have to drink of the wine of God’s indignation and wrath poured undiluted into the cup of His anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
This is the worst judgment possible. It goes on forever with no pause. God is telling us how important our Worship is to Him. Idolatry is about who you put first in your life. Satan is right there pulling you this way and that way. What do you want? If you love your life, you will lose it. If you give Him your life and heart and soul, He will bless you beyond all comprehension. But if you are not serious about your time with Him then you may pay forever.
How do we pay homage? What do you do to show the Lord your reverence for Him? It is time to think about it. Is it only on Sundays? Is it only 1 hour a day of prayer? Can you manage to work in a song or two before bedtime or is the news more important to you? How do you bow the knee to the beast nature within you and serve him every day of your life?
Now is the time to ask yourselves these questions before it is too late. The Lord told me about 5 years ago that He was coming back soon, and His people were not ready. Things have only gotten worse. One day it will be too late, and time will be up.
Who do you pay homage to?