14. I looked them over and rose up and said to the nobles and officials and the other people, Do not be afraid of the enemy; (earnestly) remember the Lord and imprint Him on your minds, great and terrible, and take from Him courage to fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives and homes. Amp.
In Nehemiah’s day they had to rebuild the wall that had been destroyed by the enemy. They needed that wall for protection from their enemies. There was so much work to be done. But that is not the way for us.
Ephesians 6:12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood — contending only with physical opponents — but against the despotisms, against the powers, against (the master spirits who are) the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere. Amp.
This does not mean we have no physical enemies. It means that we defeat them spiritually instead of physically like Nehemiah. When you have problems with Associations or others you must deal with, you have to see the spiritual rulers behind the scenes. We have been given authority over these world rulers and they cannot harm us. But we must do the spiritual warfare and take authority over them.
We must keep God’s Armor on at all times so we will be effective.
- WORD OF GOD
We must be living the holy life or Satan will just laugh at us.
15. But one evil spirit retorted, Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?
16. Then the man in whom the evil spirit dwelt, leaped upon them, mastering two of them and was so violent against them that they dashed out of that house in fear, stripped naked and wounded.
We are no match for the devil. Jesus must dwell in our hearts and be the compelling force behind all that we do. We can be attacked or just wasting our time. We must pray and talk to the Lord about all that we do, so that He is in control.
6. Blessed be the Lord, Who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
7. We are like a bird escaped from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we are escaped!
8. Our help is in the name of the Lord Who made Heaven and earth.