11. As for you also, because of and for the sake of the (covenant of the Lord with His people which was sealed with sprinkled) covenant blood, I have released and sent forth your imprisoned people out of the waterless pit. Amp.
This is a promise to those who are bound up and are not drinking from the river of life. We have many that we pray for who are in need to be set free and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
3. Strengthen the weak hands and make firm the feeble and tottering knees.
4. Say to those who are of a fearful and hasty heart, Be strong, fear not! Behold your God will come with vengeance, with recompense of God; He will come and save you.
5.Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped;
6. Then shall the lame man leap like a hart, and the tongue shall sing for joy; for waters shall break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.
7. And the burning sand and the mirage shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water; in the haunt of jackals, where they lay resting, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
The Lord is going to take the waterless pit and make streams in the desert. All of God’s people have been praying for years. There will be the great harvest at the end. Many will be able to see the spiritual truths they have not been able to see. They will have ears to hear. Those who have not been able to sing, and worship will sing for joy.
So many great blessings He has in store for us.
Psalm 46 is about the last days and how God will be our refuge and strength. Therefore, we will not fear though the earth should change, and the mountains be shaken into the seas (vs.2). We can expect to see things that are troubling, but we are to keep our eyes on the Lord and what He is doing.
Psalm 46:4 There is a river, whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. 5. He is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved…
6. The nations raged, the kingdoms tottered and were moved. He uttered His voice and the earth melted.
All this is going on, but we are to be drinking out of the river of God with Him in the midst of us. This is our safety. We will see the earth melting. We will see changes in the mountains. We must keep our eyes on His goodness and His New Kingdom that is coming and not at the devastation all around.
We will see many answered prayers and have great reason to rejoice. He knows what He is doing. This will be time for His people to prove that He really is their refuge because He will be the only refuge.
Psalm 90:16 Let Your work (the signs of Your power) be revealed to Your servants, and Your glorious majesty to their children. Amp.