12. And if you hearken to these precepts and keep and do them, the Lord your God will keep with you the covenant and the steadfast love which He swore to your fathers.
13. And He will love you, bless you, and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your body and the fruit of your land, your grain, your new wine, and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the young of your flock, in the land which He swore to your fathers to give you.
14. You shall be blessed above all peoples; there shall not be male or female barren among you or among your cattle.
15. And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will He put upon you, but will lay them upon all who hate you. Amp.
These blessings were given to the Israelites depending upon them obeying His commandments. The main thing He was asking them to do was to be separate from the world and not mingle with them. He is also saying the same to us today.
2 Corinthians 6:17 So come out from among (unbelievers), and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not any unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor.
18. And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. Amp.
He was telling the Israelites to tear down other nations idols and images. They were to be a holy nation set apart for Him. If they made marriages with other people that served idols, that spirit would get upon them, and they would not be holy. And isn’t it the same today?
He is saying to sever or cut off your relations with unbelievers. If you do not, you will suffer and not have the blessings recorded here. He is promising prosperity in many ways. He will love and bless them. He will multiply their children and their livestock. And He would take away all the diseases of Egypt and put them on those who hate them. What incredible blessings. But the Jewish people continually disobeyed Him as do His people of today.
Many have old friends they will not let go of. Many have unbelieving family members that they spend their free time with when they do not have to. Many have unbelieving co-workers on the job that they are too cozy with. The Lord says to cut it off! Is it difficult to choose Jesus over the unbelieving? It should not be. He chose the death of the cross for us with no hesitation.
Psalm 72:11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him; all nations shall serve Him.
One day all will bow their knee and worship Him alone. We are given the opportunity to do it now and are blessed above all nations of the earth.