- Therefore, since we are justified — acquitted, declared righteous, and given right standing with God — through faith, let us (grasp the fact that we) have the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy, peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, The Anointed One.
- Through him also we have (our) access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace — state of God’s favor — in which we (firmly and safely) stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
- Moreover — let us also be full of joy now! Let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
- And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character — that is approved faith and tried integrity. And character (of this sort) produces (the habit of) joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
- Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us. Amp.
Let us just look at the great list of blessings that come from these 5 scriptures:
- We are Justified!
- We can now enjoy Peace with God!
- We are in the state of God’s Favor — where we firmly and safely stand!
- We are enjoying the glory of God!
- We are to be full of Joy Now!
- We are learning patient and unswerving endurance!
- We are developing maturity of character!
- The Love of God has been poured out in our hearts!
What is the key that makes all this wonderful blessing possible to us? We receive only through the blood of Jesus and His sacrifice for us on the cross. His blood justifies us and makes us able to come and receive all that we need to grow. We must endure the trials with the right attitude.
If we are focused only on the difficulty, we will not emerge with the faith that we need, which is the reason for the trial. If we want to grow and mature, we must show Him the gratitude He deserves for taking the time with us, bringing us into such a blessed place.
Even when things are not perfect, we can come into His presence with thanksgiving in our hearts and into His courts with praise just because of His greatness. He wants us to be happy and enjoy the gifts he has given.
We must give Him the control in our life that we follow His leading and not our own reasoning. Our minds will carnally show us a way around the trial that will bring it to an end and stop the difficulty. But if you do that you will lose the joy. You will not mature or be ready with the faith you need to firmly and safely stand when He comes back.
This prepares us for a special last day promise of His protection:
Revelation 3:10 Because you have guarded and kept My Word of patient endurance — have held fast the lesson of My patience with the expectant endurance that I give you — I also will keep you safe from the hour of trial (testing) which is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell upon the earth. Amp.
If we endure the trials He sends now, we will be protected when times get really rough. Others will suffer more than they would have if they had gone through them at the right time. So let us be joyful now and endure the trials we are sent with thanksgiving, for HE IS GREAT AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED!