13. If you turn away your foot from traveling unduly on the sabbath, from doing your own pleasure on My Holy Day, and call the sabbath a spiritual delight, the holy day of the Lord. honorable; and shall honor Him and it, not going your own way or seeking or finding your own pleasure, or speaking with your own idle words;
14. Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord, and I will make you to ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage promised for you to Jacob your father: for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. Amp.
Sabbath -c) intermission.
Intermission -d) an interval of time between periods of activity.
These 2 scriptures are at the end of Isaiah 58 which is known as the fasting chapter. I believe this is the ultimate goal of fasting. He wants us to give Him our will. Fasting is the beginning of our learning in His School of Faith.
The whole chapter is filled with His commands and ways that we are to follow when fasting. The end result being that we have learned how to give Him our will and let Him lead the way. When we have learned this very hardest of lessons, He shows us the rewards of such a life.
- Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord.
- He will make us to ride on the High Places.
- He will feed us with the Heritage of Jacob.
We are able to receive so many blessings because we are riding high with Him. What is the Heritage of Jacob?
- The dew of Heavens or covering.
- The fatness of the earth or a rich dish.
- Abundance of grain and wine or a fertile field.
- Let peoples serve you.
- Nations bow to you.
- Be master over your brothers.
- Your mother’s sons bow to you.
- Let everyone who curses you be cursed.
- Let everyone who blesses you be favored with blessings.
- Your offspring shall be countless as the dust or sand of the ground.
- Behold I Am with you.
Such great blessings we reap when we learn the fasted life. When we live to ourselves, we become entangled with so many unneeded problems. He wants so much to bless us. His way may be difficult at times, but He is always there with our needed strength.
Sabbath means rest. He is bringing us into His rest where nothing can harm us.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto Me, all ye who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.