12. The uncompromisingly righteous shall flourish like the palm tree be long-lived, stately, upright, useful and fruitful; he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon (majestic, stable, durable and incorruptible).
13. Planted in the house of the Lord, they shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14. Growing in grace they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap of spiritual vitality and rich in the verdure of trust, love and contentment.
15. They are living memorials to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises; He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. Amp.
Flourish -d) to grow vigorously, succeed, prosper.
Green -c) verdant.
Verdant -d) covered with green vegetation.
We are like trees before the Lord in so many ways. He compares us to trees in many scriptures. He plants us and tends to us and expects us to grow and have fruit. If your look at how plants grow and what they need, are they not similar to us in many ways?
When they have been given all they need they should flourish. Take away the sunlight and they die. Take away the needed food and water and they die. They must have a healthy root system that is below, in the ground where no one sees but God, or they will die.
If we spend the needed time in prayer and feeding on the Holy Spirit alone with the Lord, our soul will feed spiritually and grow. We must spend the right amount of time in worship and reading the Word of God to grow.
If we however spend any time in sin or unforgiveness, bad roots will grow and choke out the good roots that have grown. We want to be rooted and grounded in the love of Jesus and His Word. When we are planted in His House we will flourish. He will uproot anything that should not be. He will make us a healthy tree. Healthy trees have healthy fruit. We must examine ourselves and see if we are growing more bitter or better.
7. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord.
8. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any green tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
In the last days it will be so very important to be green. If we are green, we are spiritually healthy and are safe. The key is always trust. He must be our Refuge and Hightower that we run to in times of trouble. For we know that He is our only hope.