- When Israel came forth out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange language.
- Judah became God’s sanctuary (the holy place of His Habitation), and Israel His dominion.
- The (Red) Sea looked and fled; the Jordan River was turned back.
- The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills, like lambs.
- What ails you, O sea, that you flee? O Jordan that you turn back?
- You mountains, that you skip, like rams, and you little hills like lambs?
- Tremble O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of Jacob:
- Who turned the rock into a pool of water, the flint into a fountain of waters. Amp.
The Lord looked down from heaven to choose a people to become His home. He wanted to dwell with mankind. He loved them so much. He was not near enough. He chose Israel because they were so tiny. He loves to make miracles out of impossibilities. He knew the end of the matter in the beginning.
Psalm 114 is another scripture that shows what happens when He comes down. His presence causes the earth to shake, waters to part, lightning to part the skies and thunders to roar.
He is mighty! But at the same time, He is oh so loving and tender-hearted. He is to be reverently feared. That is why He allows so many signs of His presence to follow Him. We must never forget that though He loves us forever that He is the sovereign ruler of all. His commandments are to be taken most seriously.
We can sometimes forget that, as we can easily get into the habit of sin/confess, sin/confess. We must remember He says that we are to be holy like Him. Repentance means that you have a change of heart and turn from sin. We must not take advantage of His mercy. If we seriously want to stop sinning in any area of our life, He will give us the power to do so. It may take a while. But He wants us to get the victory. We should want that too.
If He can turn a rock into a pool of water, just think of what He can do with us. If He wants us to become His habitation, then we must believe and trust in Him to do so!