5. Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
6. That together you may (unanimously) with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah. Amp.
Harmony -d) agreement in feeling, action, ideas, etc.; a being peaceable or friendly.
Encourage -d) to give courage, hope or confidence to; to hearten. 2. give help; give support; be favorable to.
Sympathy -d) agreement in qualities, harmony, accord.
We have all had agreements with people. We have also had disagreements with people. I believe it is rare to find a group who have no disagreements and yet that is what the body of Christ is supposed to be.
When the disciples went to the upper room after Jesus ascended into heaven, scripture says that they were in full agreement. The only way this is possible is by the work of the Holy Spirit. That is what happened in the upper room.
This is a precursor to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. The disciples were told to remain in the city (Jerusalem) until you are clothed with power from on high, Luke 24:49.
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power, ability, efficiency and might — when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends — the very bounds — of the earth. Amp.
On the day of Pentecost when this happened, Peter began preaching the message explaining what was happening. He says to repent, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. vs. 38
Acts 2:39 For the promise of the Holy Spirit is to and for you and your children, and to and for all that are far away, even to as many as the Lord our God invites and bids come to Himself.
46. And day after day they regularly assembled in the temple with united purpose, and in their homes, they broke bread including the Lord’s Supper. They partook of their food with gladness and simplicity and generous hearts,
47. Constantly praising God and being in favor and goodwill with all the people, and the Lord kept adding to their number daily those who were being saved from death.
They were in harmony with united hearts and one voice constantly praising God. We know He inhabits the praises of His people. But they had to be prepared for such an event. There was no idolatry or self-indulgence in their midst.
He is looking to send the final outpouring before He returns that brings in the latter rain harvest. That will happen before the obvious day of the Lord comes, verse 20.
21. And it shall be that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, that is, invoking, adoring and worshiping the Lord shall be saved.