15. The Lord of hosts shall defend and protect them: and they shall devour, and they shall tread on their fallen enemies as on sling stones (that have missed their aim), and they shall drink (of victory) and be noisy and turbulent as from wine and become full like bowls used to catch sacrificial blood, like the corners of the sacrificial altar.
16. And the Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of His people, for they shall be as the precious jewels (stones-KJV) of a crown, lifted high over and shining glitteringly upon His land.
Stones -c) to build
Ensign KJV -c) to gleam as a beacon
This is an end time chapter with many promises of the prophesied victory for His people of Jerusalem. Some of these victories are:
- I will encamp about My house as a guard so that no oppressor shall over-run them. vs.8
- Rejoice, your King comes to you! vs.9
- I have released and sent forth your imprisoned people out of the waterless pit. vs.11
- I will restore double your former prosperity to you.
- The Lord God will blow the trumpet and go forth in the windstorms of the south. vs.14
- The Lord shall protect and defend them… they will be noisy with victory. vs.15
- The Lord will save them and make them glitter as His precious jewels. vs.16
This is a prelude to Isaiah 60:1.
Isaiah 60:1 Arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you; rise to a new life! Shine and be radiant with the glory of the Lord; for your Light is come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you! Amp.
2. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness all peoples; but the Lord shall arise upon you, O Jerusalem, and His glory shall be seen on you.
The Lord is simply going to do as He has said. His set apart ones who have given to Him their whole heart will be filled with His Light and become beacons in the darkness. They will be filled with His glory and light and He will walk beside them wherever they go. This is a special anointing that He has saved for the last days.
Things will be so hard and so dark with so many crying for help and direction. He knows what is needed for us to endure to the end. He will always supply our needs. He will expose the pretenders and the hypocrites. Truth will reign in the darkness because He is there fighting and waging the war for His rule and reign. We know Who wins the fight.
Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining against God and questioning and doubting among yourselves.
16. That you may show yourselves to be blameless and guileless, innocent and uncontaminated, children of God without blemish (faultless, unrebukable) in the midst of a crooked and wicked generation — spiritually perverted and perverse. Among whom you are seen as bright lights – stars or beacons shining out clearly — in a dark world.
We do not want to blend in with the world. We want to stand up for what is right. When we see something that is wrong, we cannot blend in with it but shine out His Holy Light. This will be a time of persecution because there can be no more pretending, we are Christians. It is time to stand up and shine like never before.
The fruit is coming. Many have been released from the waterless pit. Double spiritual prospering of their souls we will see. What a Glorious Day!