39. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, for as much as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40. Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the the throne will I be greater than thou.
41. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
Joseph’s dream was coming to pass. All would bow down to him. He had the mind of God and revealed it to Pharaoh. I am sure Pharaoh did not understand but was in fear of a famine. He was willing to let Joseph rule because the Lord had ordained him to rule.
Job 12:23-25 He makes nations great, and He destroys them: He enlarges nations and then straitens and shrinks them again and leads them away captive.
24. He takes away understanding from the leaders of the people of the land of the earth, and causes them to wander in a wilderness where there is no way.
25. They grope in the dark without light, and He makes them to stagger and wander like a drunken man. KJV.
God is the Judge in all things. Pharaoh may have thought he was in control, but he was not. God was bringing His judgment on Egypt while He was feeding and protecting Israel. He was raising up Joseph as the governor Egypt causing all to bow to him, which was His promise to Jacob.
It is sad when you hear the pride and boasting of political leaders taking the credit for the continued prosperity and safety of the U.S. This land has done so many abominable acts to kick the Lord out of our nation. But in His mercy, He continues to give us rest from our enemies.
The Lord does not change. When Israel fell away from the Lord’s commandments into idolatry, judgment did eventually come. Jeremiah gave warning after warning for over 20 years. They did not listen or repent, and judgment came. Will He not do the same with the U.S.?
As in Israel, so today. the Lord has a company of Josephs, Daniels and Jeremiahs who will rise up and be spiritual rulers of the nations bringing forth warnings from the Lord. God is a Holy God and will make everything right eventually. Now is the time to take His word seriously. When the U.S. falls it will affect the world, the economy and the Stock Market. You cannot be blessed when you disobey His commands.
Deuteronomy 28:15 But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you: