6. For He will render to every man according to his works — justly, as his deeds deserve:
7. To those who by patient persistence in well-doing (springing from piety) seek for unseen but sure glory and honor and the eternal blessedness of immortality, He will give eternal life.
8. But for those who are self-seeking and self willed and disobedient to the Truth but responsive to wickedness, there will be indignation and wrath.
9. And there will be tribulation and anguish and calamity and constraint for every soul of man who habitually does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek.
10. But glory and honor and heart-peace shall be awarded to every one who habitually does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. Amp.
Truth – d) the quality or state of being true
True – d) faithful, loyal. 2. reliable certain. 3. In accordance with the fact, not false, conformity to an original, standard, etc.
Piety – d) loyalty and devotion to religious duties, parents, family, etc.
Romans chapter 2 is about repentance. He begins by saying those who pose as judges should not denounce the very same things that they are doing. Matthew 7:4 Or how can you say to your brother, Let me get the tiny particle out of your eye, when there is the beam of timber in your own eye?
Here it is showing how much bigger the sin is of those who are posing as judges. Remember that old saying, “Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.” Everyone wants to be a teacher instead of a humble student.
Everyone must spend time alone with the Lord, learning His ways, His voice, His temperament and His will for their lives before the Lord will open any door of ministry to them. We must first learn to minister to Him, giving our love and obedience to Him.
There is always a time of cleansing and sanctification in every soul that must be performed by the Holy Spirit. But it is so true that there are ministers who gain popularity by their own wisdom and personality. As they grow, they teach others to do what they have done. They think solely on the premise that if it worked for me it must be God.
I remember one of David Wilkerson’s messages entitled, “Hard Hearts in the House of God.” He said that when you sit in church week after week, listening to the Gospel being preached and do not obey but neglect what you hear, that your heart gets harder and harder each time to reject what you hear. That is why there will be many more newly saved sinners in heaven.
Paul goes on to tell them that they are actually committing sacrilege. They are appropriating to their own use what belongs to God. He purchased their souls with His own blood. They are not their own.
He goes on to say true circumcision is of the heart. It is spiritual not physical. A real Jew has the praise of God and not men.
The Lord knows each one of our motives and what makes us tick. He wants our love and devotion more than He wants our works. If loving Him first is our priority, He will take care of the rest at the appointed time.
Malachi 3:18 Then shall you return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who does not serve Him.
All will know because judgment will pour and only those with supernatural heart-peace will have the strength to endure till the end.
Malachi 4:1 For behold, the day comes that shall burn as an oven…
Malachi 4:2 But unto you who fear My Name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall!
EVEN SO COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!